Discover Alfama, the oldest district of Lisbon. Your only guide? Your smartphone!
- Let us guide you through the charming little streets of the Alfama with its thousand stories and colors!
- Learn about the origin of Lisbon and its evolution through the ages
- Discover many places, anecdotes and local traditions such as the Fado
Discover at your own pace the cradle of Lisbon: the Alfama district! And it hasn't changed for centuries. This neighborhood's streets still have a medieval layout. The only thing you need to explore for 1.5 hours? Your smartphone! The voice of a local guide will guide you throughout the visit and the stories will be trigger automatically as you walk along. Start your tour whenever you want, alone or with friends, far from tourist groups...
During this audio-guided tour of about 1.5 hours, you will start at Largo das Portas do Sol, where an esplanade with a magnificent view of the Tagus River will lay right before your eyes. Learn how Lisbon was born and listen to the stories of its evolution since the arrival of the Phoenicians, a people of merchants and navigators who arrived 3,000 years ago! Then, get to know Saint Vincent, the official patron saint of the city of Lisbon. Then continue your way to enter the heart of the Alfama, a real labyrinth with its steep streets, hidden plazas and staircases that go off on all sides. But don't worry, we'll guide you all the way.
In this historic district, you will come across small hidden treasures like the interior of this charming patio. You'll also witness the Muslim influence in the neighborhood: orange trees, patios, colors, etc. Then, admire the beautiful Church of Saint Michael before coming across two small panels that will allow you to discover the history of Fado and its famous singers. You will then continue your way where other stories, anecdotes and unsuspected places will be waiting for you.
A short stop at a terrace or a shop, a small craving? Resume the tour whenever you want, right where you paused it. It's impossible to get lost. The guide provides clear audio directions, and a map indicates the directions to follow in real time. And if you take a wrong turn, the integrated in-house location feature will get you back on track in no time! Customize your itinerary as you wish, relax and enjoy a fun and entertaining tour of the Castle district, at your own pace.
As all good things must come to an end, you will end your visit at the famous Plaza de Comercio in the Baixa district, one of the largest and most beautiful squares in Europe.
- An internet connection is required for the duration of the tour
- Follow the tour from your smartphone on the Rewind app.
- For a better experience, it is recommended to bring headphones. If not, the sound will come out of the smartphone's speakers
- The tour launches at the starting point - and won’t start from anywhere else.
- You can activate pause at any time and resume the tour whenever you want.
- This tour is available in English, French and Portuguese
- The visit takes around 90 minutes
Largo Portas do Sol, 1100-411 LisbonneVoir dans Google Maps
What to bring?
- A smartphone fully charged with the Rewind application installed on it
- An internet connection
- Your headphones (recommended)
Finalize my Facebook registration