Discover the Baixa and Chiado districts that have made the Portuguese capital famous for centuries. Your only guide? Your smartphone!
- Visit the lively Baixa district with its beautiful squares, terraces and century-old cafes
- Stroll through the streets of Chiado, an elegant and bohemian neighborhood
- Discover the history of Lisbon but also its gastronomy and architecture
Discover the Baixa and Chiado districts that have made the Portuguese capital famous for centuries. Even today, many Lisboetas (locals) and tourists come to enjoy the terraces of their century-old cafes. The only thing you need to explore for 1.5 hours? Your smartphone! The voice of a local guide will guide you throughout the visit and the stories will be start automatically as you walk along. Start your tour whenever you want, alone or with friends, far from tourist groups...
During this audio-guided tour of about 1.5 hours, visit the famous Rossio Square, the central nerve of Lisbon. Discover its history and admire the magnificent pattern of its black and white paving stones. A little further on, you'll come across the retro façade of "A Ginga", where the favorite drink of the Lisbon people has been served for over 100 years: the ginginha! Right next door, the church of Saint Dominic will teach you the tragic history of the Jewish community in Lisbon...Then, prepare to find some tasty treats along the way! Discover the gastronomy of Lisbon. The many stalls you will come across will allow you to discover the basics of Portuguese food: codfish, marinated pork cutlets, king's cake,... it will be hard not to fall in love!
A short stop at a terrace or a shop, a small craving? Resume the tour whenever you want, right where you paused it. It's impossible to get lost. The guide provides clear audio directions, and a map indicates the directions to follow in real time. And if you take a wrong turn, the integrated in-house location feature will get you back on track in no time! Customize your itinerary as you wish, relax and enjoy a fun and entertaining tour of the Castle district, at your own pace.
Continue your journey through the chic streets of the Chiado district. Shopping streets and typical stores will be waiting for you. For instance, you will meet the oldest bookshop in the world! Between cafés, admire one of the most beautiful facades of the city of azulejo, these manifest Portuguese tiles. A little further on, go to Carmelite Square with its gothic church dating from the end of the 14th century. It is the witness of the terrible earthquake that the city experienced in 1755... It was the most devastating that the city has ever known.
As all good things must come to an end, you will end your visit on the second floor of the Santa Justa elevator with an impressive and unobstructed view of both the old quarters of Lisbon, where a fortress stands, but also of the Tagus River and of the Baixa district.
- An internet connection is required for the duration of the tour
- Follow the tour from your smartphone on the Rewind app.
- For a better experience, it is recommended to bring headphones. If not, the sound will come out of the smartphone's speakers
- The tour launches at the starting point - and won’t start from anywhere else.
- You can activate pause at any time and resume the tour whenever you want.
- This tour is available in English, French and Portuguese
- The visit takes around 90 minutes
Praça Dom Pedro IVVoir dans Google Maps
What to bring?
- A smartphone fully charged with the Rewind application installed on it
- An internet connection
- Your headphones (recommended)
Finalize my Facebook registration