Discover the wonders of Barcelona's architecture. Your only guide? Your smartphone!
- Discover Catalan modernism, the architectural style developed in Barcelona during Gaudi's time
- Admire sumptuous buildings such as the Palau de la Musica, La Manzana de la Discórdia or La Pedrera
- Discover the birth of Barcelona's 19th century bourgeois class that would drive Catalan modernism
Discover at your own pace the architectural wonders of Barcelona, built at the time of the illustrious Gaudi at the end of the 19th and beginning of the 20th century. A festival of shapes and colors awaits you! The only thing you need to explore for 1h30? Your smartphone! The voice of a local guide will guide you throughout the visit and the stories will be triggered automatically as you go along. Start your tour whenever you want, alone or with friends, far from tourist groups...
Go to the heart of Barcelona's historic center for this 1.5 hours audio-guided walking tour, just a stone's throw from the Roman walls that are still clearly visible, and straddling two medieval neighborhoods. Learn about the history of Catalan modernism, driven by the city's new middle class, freshly enriched by the industrial revolution and eager for culture and art! Then go in front of a monument of Catalan modernism, classified as a UNESCO World Heritage Site: the Palau de la Música Catalana. Admire the craftsmanship of this building and take the opportunity to meet Sant Jordi, the patron saint of Catalonia! Continue your journey to Plaça de Catalunya, the border between the old and the modern city of Barcelona. From here, the city is transformed: the streets become very wide and airy, and intersect at right angles. You will discover splendid buildings, ordered by this new bourgeoisie of the 19th century.
A short stop at a terrace or a shop, a small craving? Resume the tour whenever you want, right where you paused it. It's impossible to get lost. The guide provides clear audio directions, and a map indicates the directions to follow in real time. And if you take a wrong turn, the integrated in-house location feature will get you back on track in no time! Customize your itinerary as you wish, relax and enjoy a fun and entertaining tour of the Castle district, at your own pace.
Admire an impressive variety of architectural styles. There is something for everyone! Discover the Manzana de la Discrodia (apple of discord), this island of 3 buildings made by the greatest architects of the moment: Lluís Domènech i Montaner, the author of the Catalan Music Palace, Josep Puig i Cadafalch and the famous Gaudi, the architect of the Sagrada Familia! These sumptuous buildings will allow you to apprehend the wealth accumulated by this emerging bourgeoisie of the time. The Casa Batllo, signed Antoni Gaudi, will make you dive into a fascinating aquatic world where fish, scales, bronchia are an integral part of the decor.
After discovering other architectural marvels, you will finish your visit at the Casa Milà, the last residential building that Gaudí will realize before dedicating himself fully to the Sagrada Familia!
- An internet connection is required for the duration of the tour
- Follow the tour from your smartphone on the Rewind app
- For a better experience, it is recommended to bring headphones. If not, the sound will come out of the smartphone's speakers
- The tour launches at the starting point - and won’t start from anywhere else
- You can activate pause at any time and resume the tour whenever you want
- This tour is available in English, Spanish and French
- The visit take around 90 minutes
08003 Barcelona, Barcelone, EspagneVoir dans Google Maps
What to bring?
- A smartphone fully charged with the Rewind application installed on it
- An internet connection
- Your headphones (recommended)
Finalize my Facebook registration