Discover the most emblematic and famous districts of Lisbon, the Belém district. Walk around this classified Unesco World Heritage Site since 1983 with your only guide, your smartphone!
- Discover the extraordinary period of the "Great Discoveries", which made the reputation of Portugal
- Enjoy a peaceful stroll along the Tagus River
- Admire magnificent monuments such as the Belem Tower, the Monument to the Discoveries and the Hieronymites Monastery
Discover the most emblematic and famous district of Lisbon, Belém. This site is classified as a Unesco World Heritage Site since 1983. The only thing you need to explore it for 1.5hours? Your smartphone! The voice of a local guide will guide you throughout the visit and the stories will start automatically as you walk along. Start your tour whenever you want, alone or with friends, far from tourist groups...
Meet in front of the famous Belem Tower, the symbol of the city of Lisbon for this 1.5 hours tour. Discover its history, which dates back to the beginning of the 16th century, when Lisbon was at the head of a great maritime empire. Admire its "Manueline" architecture and listen to an anecdote this tower has witnessed. Does the Rhinoceros Ganda sound familiar to you? Continue your walk along the Tagus River to the Monument to the Discoveries where you will discover the era of Portuguese maritime expansion: famous navigators and explorers such as Christopher Columbus, Vasco de Gama, John Cabot, Magellan and Jacques Cartier will no longer hold any secrets for you! Then, admire a large stone map tracing the route of the intrepid Portuguese sailors who went on a journey "on the seas that were being sailed for the first time" (Louis de Camões).
A short stop at a terrace or a shop, a small craving? Resume the tour whenever you want, right where you paused it. It's impossible to get lost. The guide provides clear audio directions, and a map indicates the directions to follow in real time. And if you take a wrong turn, the integrated in-house location feature will get you back on track in no time! Customize your itinerary as you wish, relax and enjoy a fun and entertaining tour of the Castle district, at your own pace.
Continue your walk and pass by the Belém Cultural Center, a multi-purpose space that houses two concert halls, a congress hall, a museum of modern art, commercial spaces, art galleries, restaurants and a small, terraced garden with a magnificent view of the Tagus River and the Padrão dos Descobrimentos. Then get to know the Archaeology Museum, the Marine Museum and the Hieronymites Monastery. Admire its sublime architecture and understand the different symbols on its façade.
As all good things must come to an end, you will end your visit in front of a beautiful blue facade, the house where the "Pastel de Bélem" was born. This tasty treat is a small pastry with a gooey cream center in a thin flaky pastry. It’s both creamy and incredibly crispy. No visitor to the Portuguese capital leaves without tasting the most famous sweet specialty of Lisbon, Portugal, or dare we even say ... the world!
- An internet connection is required for the duration of the tour
- Follow the tour from your smartphone on the Rewind app.
- For a better experience, it is recommended to bring headphones. If not, the sound will come out of the smartphone's speakers
- The tour launches at the starting point - and won’t start from anywhere else.
- You can activate pause at any time and resume the tour whenever you want.
- This tour is available in English, French and Portuguese
- The visit takes around 90 minutes
Belém Tower, Av. Brasília, 1400-038 Lisboa, PortugalVoir dans Google Maps
What to bring?
- A smartphone fully charged with the Rewind application installed on it
- An internet connection
- Your headphones (recommended)
Finalize my Facebook registration