Discover the old Jewish quarter of Budapest, now known as the festive district! Your only guide for 1 hour? Your smartphone!
- Stroll through the streets of Andrassy Avenue, called the "Champs Élysées" of Budapest
- Visit the largest synagogue in Europe and learn about the history of Jewish community in the city
- Discover the most famous ruin bar of the city: the Szimpla Kert
A unmissable walk full of diversity!
Discover at your own pace the old Jewish quarter of Budapest, known today as the festive but also cultural and artistic district of the city! The only thing you need to explore for 1 hour? Your smartphone! The voice of a local guide will guide you throughout the visit and the stories will be triggered automatically as you go along. Start your tour whenever you want, alone or with friends, far from tourist groups...
During this 1h30 audio-guided tour, start your walk on the elegant Andrassy Avenue. Sometimes called the "Champs Élysées" of Budapest, it’s been a Unesco World Heritage Site since 2002. Then discover the communist period of Budapest by passing in front of the House of Terror. You will then continue on your way along Andrassy Avenue where many must-see places, stories and anecdotes await you. You will pass the first Budapest Department Store, admire the magnificent City Opera House and walk along the Hollywood Boulevard of Budapest.
Continue your journey by entering the Jewish quarter of Budapest to discover the largest Synagogue in Europe! You will understand why this district has nowadays lost part of its identity... You will pass by buildings such as the Monument of the Righteous or the Memorial Park which bear witness to the tragic history of the Jews in Budapest. You will then discover why today this district is especially known as a place for festivities and artistic and cultural events. You will learn for example the history of the famous ruin bars in Budapest! Many anecdotes will enrich your walk in the city.
A short stop at a terrace or a shop, a small craving? Resume the visit when you want, right where you paused. It's impossible to get lost. The guide provides clear audio directions and a map indicates clear directions to follow in real time. And if you take a wrong turn, the integrated geo-localization feature will get you back on track in no time! customize your itinerary as you wish, relax and enjoy a fun and entertaining tour of Castle district, at your own pace.
As all good things must come to an end, you will finish your visit with the most famous ruin bar of the city: the Szimpla Kert. A unique place to discover absolutely if you come in the district.
- An internet connection is required for the duration of the tour
- Follow the tour from your smartphone on the Rewind app.
- For a better experience, it is recommended to bring headphones. If not, the sound will come out of the smartphone's speakers
- The tour launches at the starting point - and won’t start from anywhere else.
- You can activate pause at any time and resume the tour whenever you want.
- This tour is available in English, French and Hungarian
- The visit can takes around 90 minutes
Vörösmarty u. 37, Budapest, 1064 HongrieVoir dans Google Maps
What to bring?
- A smartphone fully charged with the Rewind application installed on it
- An internet connection
- Your headphones (recommended)