Discover the magnificent Castle Hill, a rich district in historical sites with magnificent panoramas! Your only guide for 1 hour? Your smartphone!
- Stroll through the streets of the Castle Hill, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Discover and learn the stories of illustrious buildings such as the Matthias Church, the Fisherman's Bastien, the Royal Palace etc.
- Admire the magnificent panoramic views of the city
Enjoy an unmissibale walk full of charm
Discover at your own pace the magnificent castle hill, the historical district of Budapest! The castle is on the UNESCO World Heritage List. The only thing you need to explore for 1 hour? Your smartphone! The voice of a local guide will guide you throughout the visit and the stories will be triggered automatically as you go along. Start your tour whenever you want, alone or with friends, far from tourist groups...
During this 1h audio-guided tour, you will begin at the Vienna Gate, at the top of the hill. Learn how Budapest was born, an ancient Roman city named Aquincum! Then, discover the buildings that proudly stand on this historic hill: the Matthias Church, the Trinity Monument, the Fishermen's Bastion and many others! You will then have the opportunity to admire a magnificent panorama that overlooks the entire city. From here you will learn the stories of the Parliament, the Marguerite Bridge or the Basilica of Saint Stephen. The view is amazing.
Continue your journey and learn the history of Budapest: Austrian domination, World War II, etc. You will also discover many anecdotes. Do you know the first doctor who demonstrated the importance of handwashing to reduce disease transmission ? We often talk about him during the Covid-19 crisis! You will then arrive in front of the Royal Palace of Buda, an imposing building with its large green dome.
A short stop at a terrace or a shop, a small craving? Resume the visit when you want, right where you paused. It's impossible to get lost. The guide provides clear audio directions and a map indicates clear directions to follow in real time. And if you take a wrong turn, the integrated geo-localization feature will get you back on track in no time! customize your itinerary as you wish, relax and enjoy a fun and entertaining tour of Castle district, at your own pace.
As all good things must come to an end, you will achieve your discovery with a nice walk along the castle's descent where a panoramic view of the Pest side of Budapest will be right before your eyes. The final point of the tour is Budapest's Mile Zero, the point from which all distances in Hungary are measured!
- An internet connection is required for the duration of the tour
- Follow the tour from your smartphone on the Rewind app
- For a better experience, it is recommended to bring headphones. If not, the sound will come out of the smartphone's speakers
- The tour launches at the starting point and won’t start from anywhere else
- You can activate pause at any time and resume the tour whenever you want
- This tour is available in English, French and Hungarian
- The visit takes around 90 minutes
Budapest, Bécsikapu tér, 1014 HongrieVoir dans Google Maps
What to bring?
- A smartphone fully charged with the Rewind application installed on it
- An internet connection
- Your headphones (recommended)